FINE ART & ESTATE APPRAISALS
Avant-Garde provides appraisals of fine art, specializing in Modern, Postwar and Contemporary art. We appraise paintings, prints, photographs, works on paper, sculpture, mixed media and more. Avant-Garde also provides generalist (Estate) appraisals of personal property, which includes furniture, decorative arts, and other household contents.
Whether you’re responsible for taxes on your late grandmother’s Estate, or insuring your art collection against damage or loss, Avant-Garde’s comprehensive reports will make sure you get the full value of your treasures. Our appraisals are compliant with the professional and ethical standards of the Uniform Standards in Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and IRS requirements.
Avant-Garde appraises art and personal property for…
- Insurance against damage, loss or theft
- Damage & Loss for work damaged by flooding, fire, etc.
- Estate Tax Liability
- Gift Tax
- Charitable Donation to an institution or charity for tax purposes
- Equitable Distribution for divorce, inheritance distribution, etc.
- Collateral for loans, etc.
Not sure if you need an appraisal? Learn more about some of the occasions that call for an appraisal. And here’s some helpful terms and resources to help you make sense of it all!
CATALOGING & MANAGEMENT
Do you need an inventory of your art collection? Overwhelmed by all the stuff in grandma’s attic? We’ll roll up our sleeves and sort and catalogue your property so you can focus on the important stuff.
- Catalogue your art collection or personal property according to the Getty Institute object ID™ standards
- Provide bound and/or digitized illustrated inventories, itemized and organized according to the client’s needs
- Oversee the sale and distribution of property, as necessary